Saturday, March 24, 2012

[2012.03.25] APPLAUSE SURPRISES NICK CHEUNG

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

Nick Cheung Ka Fai, Simon Yam Tat Wa, Janice Man Wing Shan, Kay Tse On Kay and Candy Yu On On starred in NIGHTFALL (DAI JUI BO), which after 9 days in release accumulated 10,405,921 as of the 23rd and broke the 10 million mark.  Fellow March Hong Kong film reward A SIMPLE LIFE (TOH JEH) also shone, after 15 days in release its cumulative box office was 20,198,637 and broke the 20 million mark.  Earlier Ka Fai even went to the movies for audience reaction and the audience applauded enthusiastically to cheer him on.

Ka Fai two nights ago went to Cyberport to support himself.  Although he entered in a low profile and sat in the back, viewers recognized him right away.  However no one bothered Ka Fai during the movie.  At the end, the audience suddenly stood up and applauded to praise and cheer Ka Fai.  He could not be happier.  Ka Fai excitedly said, "The sudden surprise was truly high and touching!  As for the 10 million breaking performance, I was the happiest to see everyone going to the movies to watch it."  Ka Fai said that the film had many memorable scenes like the naked fight with Ken Low Wai Kwong in prison and the jump into the sea, which left deep impressions with him.  Ka Fai bitterly laughed and said, "The jump into the sea was shot on a very col day.  I was shivering when I saw the sea.  I told myself if I die, I die, I still have to jump!  Finally I exceeded my expectation and finished it in one take.  The moment I got into the water I was wide awaken!  It was a memorable experience."

Director Roy Chow Hin Yeung was very grateful and said that he wanted to express his appreciation for the audience and the elders.  He said, "This performance is better than my previous summer release, which proved that the audience has confident in Hong Kong films.  I sincerely wish that young directors will have even larger development space in the future."  Tse On Kay also said that this performance was memorable and she was very happy to take part.

No comments:

Post a Comment