Saturday, December 24, 2011

[2011.12.24] MAVIS FAN POURS OUT ALL HER REAL EMOTIONS FOR ZHOU XUN

courtesy of takungpao.com

Making her first wuxia film, Mavis Fan Hiu Huen worked with director Tsui Hark, Jet Li (Lee Nin Kit), Zhou Xun, Kwai Lun-Mei and Chris Lee Yuchun.  Under such a strong ensemble, Siu Huen had to perform with an effort.  At first she regretted that she did not have any action scene, but seeing how tough each actor fought, she could not help but consider herself lucky.

Being able to work with her idol Director Tsui Har, Siu Huen felt very pleased.  She also did all the preparation to welcome the challenge.  However as for being assigned to play a gentle character, Siu Huen at first was completely lost.  "At first I thought why would I play this character?  Yet when I saw how pretty the costume was, I worked hard to play this fragile character.  After working with the director, I felt he was like a big kid.  He was not a modern person, but a hero.  I didn't know what he was thinking, he made people feel that he was beyond their grasp and without certainty.  Thus during the shoot she was also very nervous.  Actually all those gave people space to imagine.  The director wanted to give people a pleasant surprise!  Actually making wuxia film felt great.  This time was a Chinese traditional subject that merged martial arts and 3D into one.  The mix was very modern.'

Siu Huen even admitted that at first when she learned that she would make this wuxia film she regretted that she did not have any chance to show her skills.  Yet during the production, she witnessed how tough every actor fought and felt very lucky.  "In the film he had the protection of many masters.  I had more scenes with Zhou Xun.  I remembered on a desert shoot, the sandstorm was so strong I couldn't even open my eyes.  Yet we had to keep working.  Thus everyone's eyes were filled with sand and tears......when I saw all the action scenes of the other actors, I felt bad for them but I also thought they were a lot of fun."  Rarely making movies, Siu Huen said that each time she made a film she hoped to bring something fresh.  Like a vacation she could be in touch with different things.  The most memorable for her in FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATES (LUNG MOON FEI GAP) was the relationship with Zhou Xun.  "In a farewell scene with Zhou Xun, I had to play a feeling that I didn't agree with her leaving.  After the shoot, everyone said that this scene had quite a feeling.  I was very happy to hear that."

No comments:

Post a Comment